Yellow pagoda Hotel
One of the oldest hotels in Kathmandu, the Yellow Pagoda Hotel was originally founded in 1971. In 1984, the building was re-purposed as the original headquarters for Nabil Bank. In 2011, the building was remodeled and expanded. In April, 2013, the Hotel was reopened for guests and events.
What We offer?
Yellow Pagoda Hotel is a 4-star hotel in Kantipath, Kathmandu, Nepal. Established in 2013, the hotel offers 108 luxury rooms across 7 floors for the perfect stay in the heart of Kathmandu. Standard with all accommodations is a sumptuous complimentary breakfast buffet offering both eastern and western cuisine as well as complimentary in-room WiFi and cable TV. 8 different room types are available for booking:
- Deluxe Room Single Bed
- Deluxe Room Double Bed
- Super Deluxe Room Single Bed
- Super Deluxe Room Double Bed
- Super Deluxe Room With Bath Single Bed
- Super Deluxe Room With Bath Double Bed
For large events or gatherings, 7 beautiful banquet halls within the hotel are provided to host from 25 to 600 guests.
Event holders will receive full service and accommodations for their programs including a multi-cuisine buffet, personalized decorum, and custom setup. Addition arrangements can be made upon reservation.
Yellow Pagoda Hotel is 5 km away from Tribhuvan International Airport, making it one of the accessible and reasonable fair hotel near Kathmandu airport. Kathmandu Durbar Square, Pashupatinath Temple, Swayambhunath Stupa, Boudhanath Stupa etc and many other world famous tourist attractions of Kathmandu valley are just minutes away by walk or by taxi from the hotel. Both Durbar Marg,very popular boulevard and Thamel, a traditional market that is popular with tourists, are just one block from your luxury stay.
We do arrange transportation facilities for short tour as well as package tour of all Kathmandu’s world famous ancient attractions.
Also within the hotel, a variety of onsite shops including souvenir stores, a spa, an ortho-dental office, as well as a restaurant and bar serving food from all around the world. Similarly, 24-hour laundry and foreign exchange services are offered as well as an in-room safe for valuables and belongings.
An important part of our service is to maintain the eco-friendly practices in order to keep surroundings lively and healthy. We believe that it is our responsibility to preserve the beauty of the Kathmandu Valley and Nepal as a whole. At Yellow Pagoda Hotel, we have been applying significant measures to reduce negative effects in environment :
- Installment of solar water heaters(Less use of gas and fuels) – in 2015, the power in Nepal was not reliable. There were often both scheduled and unscheduled outages in Kathmandu that made the usually luxurious stay at the Yellow Pagoda unbearable. For the benefits of our guests, we elected to install more than 40 units of solar water heaters on the roof of the hotel, so that even during the outages,Two backup generators would restore power automatically within 2 minutes of an outage.
- Laundry water conservation -in 2018, thousands of liters of water were being wasted in the hotel due to linen laundry. With every room cleaning, all bedding and towels were replaced and laundered. On top of using valuable clean water, detergent and utility bills cost the hotel thousands of dollars. It was then that we began the water conservation initiative. In each room, guests will find a card on their bedside tables. If guests realize the importance of conserving Earth’s most important natural resource, they can elect to place the card on their pillow and hang up clean towels on their racks in the bathroom. If guests choose to “go green” housekeeping will make the bed, but will not change bedding nor clean hung-up towels. Linen left on the floor will be laundered. With this program, guests can save thousands of liters of water to preserve the environment and to lower hotel costs which can then be used for better customers service.
Not only is conservation the right thing for a business to do, but it also makes long-term sense to lower utility costs and improve service across the hotel.